About the Role
We are looking for a business improvement intern. Ochama is an online one-stop-shop with a wide range of A-brands ranging from food to non-food items. It is the subsidiary of the Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com (Jingdong) in Europe.
As a member of the business improvement team, you will assist with the marketing and branding direction of the organization.
- Management of marketing activities in strategic partner shops, currently over 100+ partner shops in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and France, assisting in the planning and execution of shop marketing activities.
- Planning and translation, production and distribution of promotional images
- Monitor the quality of daily shop operations and improve key indicators such as the number of users and AOV of the shops
- Availability of at least 32 hours per week
- Possible to work partially remotely
What can we offer you?:
- An internship compensation
- Possibility to conduct research at the organization for your bachelor or master thesis during the internship
- Opportunity for personal development and continuous learning after graduation
- Be a part of this incredible "start-up" style project, backed by one of the biggest internet companies in the world
- Be inspired by continuous technology advancements, working towards a more productive & sustainable World
- The opportunity to work and develop your skills amongst diverse and motivating individuals
What do you need to be a suitable match?
Self-learning ability to think strategically and act tactically. Full of passion and innovative spirit
Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills
Excellent organizational skills: ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and balance various assigments
Purchasing background preferred
Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Wholesale, Retail, or eCommerce business acumen
Comfortable in a self-starter environment and with the ability to work in a fast-paced organization with other cross-functional team members
Ability to be agile and flexible with working hours as necessary with a start-up business
Fluent in English (written and verbal), understanding Chinese and Dutch will be a big plus
Available for a minimum of six months
Enrolled in Dutch universities, and preferably live near Rotterdam
About the Company
Ochama is an omnichannel retailer, an one stop shop with a full range of A-brand products. Online orders can be collected from Ochama’s Pickup Shops, or delivered right at the customer’s home, aiming to provide a seamless customer experience. Our brand slogan “Shopping made simple” says it all: Ochama is an innovative shopping solution, a new go to store for both foods and non-food goods, and whatever people shop for, it has everything they want, provided through a fun and easy shopping experience.