Asian Borrel Club - Committee Recruitment 2023/2024
Social events Committee
The Social Events Committee is responsible for organizing the incredible activities that ABC is renowned for, including courses, workshops, and other bonding events. Some examples of these events, which you may have attended yourself, are our mooncake and cocktail workshops, food crawl, and dating events.
- - Creating bonding opportunities: Provide our members with unique and unforgettable experiences in which they can get to know each other in an original setting.
- Planning and hosting events: Bring ideas for events to life by utilizing your creative and organizational skills. Collaborate with fellow committee members to successfully host the events on the scheduled day.
- Communication with external parties: Maintain effective communication and negotiate with external parties and organizations to secure locations, negotiate rent, and handle event agreements.
- Finding suitable venues: Search for appropriate venues to host our social events.
"Being part of the social committee of ABC was a lot of fun, it helped me improve my organisational skills and time management. I work about 30 hours a week and follow a full-time study program, so at the beginning, I was a little scared that it would be too much; however, it has been a great journey! Together with the team, I managed to create amazing events. Overall, being an active member of ABC helped me make new friends, discovered new places, and tried new types of food that I might have never tried otherwise. Hosting social events for students to meet other students and getting to be part of something big and meaningful filled my heart with joy. This is definitely an experience that I recommend and definitely would do again."
- Gabriella Sovial Events Committee 22/23